The Jackson Fire Department preserves life and property, promotes public safety and is committed to prevention, preparedness, and is response ready as an all risk fire department.
Burn Permits Are Now Available
You can fill out the burn permits online and are available in two different forms: PDF and Google Form versions.
Google Form Version
PDF Version - fill out this version filled out and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that before burning you need to call the Burn Day Information Line at (209) 223 - 6246 to see if burning is permitted on that given day.
Jackson Fire Department is an innovative and progressive fire department driven to provide exceptional service and education to our members and our citizens.
- Service – Dedication to our Community
- Professionalism – Honoring the Firefighter Oath
- Integrity – Upholding moral and ethical conduct at all times
- Respect – Embracing diversity and recognizing individual worth
- Innovation – Taking creative risks to adapt and improve
- Trust – Reliance on the integrity, strength and ability of our members
Community Risk Reduction
Jackson Fire Departments goal of safeguarding the community from fire and environmental hazards is achieved through programs adhering to fire regulations as dictated by the California Fire Code and the Jackson Municipal Code.
Safeguarding the community from fire and environmental hazards includes:
- Checking plans for fire, life safety, and environmental requirements
- Issuing fire permits
- Conducting fire, life safety, and environmental inspections
- Conducting fire investigations
- Providing public education programs
Jackson Hook and Ladder Association
The Jackson Hook and Ladder Association was established to support the efforts of the Jackson Fire Department and our community
Jackson Fire Department Famous Tri-Tip Sandwiches
Join us the 3rd weekend in March of our annual Dandelion Days Street Fair where we sell our mouth-watering, secret recipe, juicy, delicious tri tip sandwiches.
Every year at Christmastime Santa makes his visit to the City of Jackson handing out candy canes and spreading Christmas cheer escorted by Jackson Fire personnel in a Vintage 1939 Studebaker.