33 Broadway, Jackson, CA 95642
Please Call (209) 273-7990, (209) 223-1646 (OR) email: email@example.com
24 HOUR NOTICE REQUIRED!
If needed, other arrangements may be made with a minimum of one working day prior to requested appointment.
Inspections can be scheduled through the building portal by clicking the link below:
Building Permit Portal
Use the building portal link to submit new building and encroachment applications and access existing applications.
Access to existing applications will allow applicants to check:
- Permit status
- Check and pay permit fees ONLINE
- Upload additional documents
- See plan review status and approvals
- Download Approved plans.
- Message city staff about permit
- Request inspections
The Building Department is the primary source of service and information to builders and the public regarding general construction and the building codes. This program serves engineers, architects, developers, contractors, homeowners, and others involved in the design, construction, and/or maintenance of private property in Jackson. The department provides technical assistance to homeowners and contractors, reviews and processes applications, issues building permits, and provides building records reports. The Building Department is also responsible for administering the portions of the city’s code enforcement/neighborhood enhancement programs associated with the condition of structures on private property, weeds, and rubbish abatement.
For permit applications and information regarding construction projects within the City of Jackson please see the FORMS below.
Building Department Form
- Building Permit Application
- Encroachment Application
- Transportation Permit Application
- Addressing Request Form
- Fee Schedule
- Schedule of Charges- Planning/Building
- Fee Application
- Building Valuation Table ICC
- Refund Policy
- Added Fees
- As-built After the Fact Permits
- Building Permit Information 2023
- Decks Construction Flyer
- SFD Requirements
- ADU Requirements
- City Improvement Standards
- What does and does not require a Building Permit
- Solar Guidebook
- Smoke and Carbon Requirements
- Owner Builder Information
- Generator Install Checklist
- Swimming Pools and Spas
- Encroachment Process
- SFD process
- Grading Process
- Commercial Tenant Improvement