Water and Sewer FAQ
Water and Sewer FAQ
- You can pay your water and sewer bill online here
- You can pay for the bill with most banks via their online bill pay system. Contact your own bank with instructions on how to set up that for your bank. The only thing you will need is our account number (i.e. AAA0001 - first three characters are letters and last four characters are numbers). Some banks require a zip code: either use 95642 or 95642-2354.
- You can pay the bill with a check or money order by mailing the check in with the return envelope that comes with your bill or by coming into the City office and paying it
- You can pay for the bill with cash by coming into the City office
- You can drop by you payment which includes check or money order with the pay stub in the drop box at the City office next to the doors anytime during the day or night when we are closed.
If you are buying a house in the City of Jackson's city limits you will need to fill out an application for water and sewer services here. The following information will be required when filling out the form:
- Name of the escrow company you are using to buy the house
- The close date of the escrow
- The escrow number from the escrow company
To get setup with an account you will need to fill out the application for water and sewer services here. You will need to pay a one time deposit for the amount of $200 either by coming into the City office and paying the amount with cash/check or money order or by mailing a check for the amount to the city offices (33 Broadway in Jackson 95642).
If the property you own is in your name and the account is in your name you will need to fill out an application to close out your account at that property to remove it out of your name and into your tenant's name. You can find that application here. There are a couple of things to note with this:
- If you own multiple properties filling out the close out application will not close out all accounts you have for all properties you own. It only closes out the account for that specific property the tenant is moving into. Also, with multiple properties you will need to fill out the close out application for every property where the tenant is moving into the property.
- It is the owner's responsibility to have the tenant fill out the application for water and sewer service. They can find the application for water and sewer service here. We will not process the application the owner fills out until we receive an application for water and sewer service from the tenant who is moving in and they have fully paid the deposit for $200. The owner will continue to receive the bill and the bill will continue to be the responsibility of the owner until the tenant fills out the application for water and sewer service and fully pays the $200 deposit.
- If a tenant of yours leaves one of your properties and we do not receive a new water and sewer application from another tenant we will move the account back into the owner's name and it will be the responsibility of the owner to pay the water and sewer bill until the owner gets a new tenant at that property.
If you are selling your house in Jackson you will need to fill out an application for closing out your account so we can transfer it into the new owner's name. That form can be found here. The information that is required to close out your account with the City of Jackson is:
- The name of the escrow company you are using
- The close date of escrow for that property
- A forwarding address (so we can send you a final invoice for that account)
What do I need to do if I am selling a house in Jackson limits then buying another house also in the City of Jackson?
If you are selling your house that you own in Jackson and then buying a house in Jackson also then you will need to fill out an close out account form for the house you are selling and a water and sewer application for the house you are moving into. The form is to close out your account at the address you are selling and then fill out an application for the address you are buying and moving into so we can transfer the services to the new owner's name. The form to close out your account at the property you are selling can be found here and the application for water and sewer service at the property you are buying in Jackson can be found here.
If you are a tenant and have been living in a house not owned by you in the City of Jackson and are leaving you will need to fill out a form to close out your account at at you address. The form can be found here. The following information will be required to fill out the form:
- Date you are leaving or moving out of the property
- Forwarding address where you are moving to and a valid phone number if we need to contact you
If you change your contact information (including email address, phone/cell/work number) or your mailing address where you receive your mail you can easily fill out the form here. It is very important to keep your contact information up to do date with the City so we can contact you about your bill or if there is a leak at your house and you are not presently at the house.
You can call us at (209) 223-1646 or you can email us here with your question and we will help you answer it.