City of Jackson Employment Application
The City of Jackson is seeking a Hearing Officer to assist the code enforcement processes. Interested individuals and firms are encouraged to apply by submitting a letter of interest, a copy of current resume and a rate schedule to the City Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. All materials are to be received by 4:00 pm on Friday, March 26, 2021. Contact the City Manager with any questions.
The Hearing Officer typically provides the following scope of services:
- Act as the City of Jackson hearing officer for situations identified in the Jackson Municipal Code, including but not limited to, Chapters 1.22 Administrative Citations and 8.16 Nuisances Generally of the Jackson Municipal Code grant individuals the opportunity to request a hearing to contest an administrative citation or nuisance.
- Hearing officers will prepare for, conduct, and provide a written or oral decision for all hearings referred to the officer in compliance with all applicable law. Decisions will be provided in a timely matter, not to exceed thirty (30) days.
- Hearing officers must have a California bar license or demonstrated experience in acting as a hearing officer or similar.
- Advise the City Council when the Council acts as the hearing officer under the Jackson Municipal Code when the City Attorney has a conflict of interest.
All services will be provided for a two-year term at an hourly rate. Initial contract term may be renewable.
WWTP Chief Plant Operator
(Grade III or above)
($31.89/hour – $85/hour depending on experience and qualifications; City provides exceptionally generous benefits for eligible employees.)
The City of Jackson is accepting applications for Chief Plant Operator. Position reports to City Manager. Resume and proof of State Grade III or above WWTP Operator certificates are required to apply. Apply at Jackson City Hall or mail application materials to: Jackson City Hall, 33 Broadway, Jackson, CA 95642. Position is open until filled. E.O.E.
Jackson Fire Department
Volunteer Fire Fighter Applications are taken on an on-going basis.
Entry Level to Experienced
- No Experience Required
- Must be at least 18 Years Old
- Good Physical Condition
- Positive Attitude
- Willingness to respond at any hour
- Must live within Jackson Fire Department's response area
- Ability to successfully pass a livescan background check, drug screening, and physical
Required Training on Wednesday Nights at 7:00PM
City of Jackson
Jackson, CA 95642
Attn: Chief Debbie Mackey
Jackson Police Department
Reserve Police Officer Applications are taken on an on-going basis.
City of Jackson Police Department
Jackson, CA 95642
Attn: Chief Chris Mynderup
No positions available at this time.